Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add PayPal as form of payment

I've done it before, but now I can't add PayPal as a form of payment to my iTunes account. the "PayPal" icon never gets highlighted when I select it. I go through all the steps and when it comes down to "continue to iTunes Store" it goes to the Apple web site, which wants me to download iTunes which already up and running, instead of iTunes on my computer, which is already open.

Windows Laptop-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on May 24, 2015 4:17 PM

17 replies

Feb 12, 2017 9:54 PM in response to aliceann54

The place to put your comments is either at: Apple - Feedback, as I said - NOT Apple Support, or go to Apple's Twitter site and put your comments there. This is a user to user Technical Support Forum. We are all just users like you, and WE cannot fix your issue. This forum is not a place for you to post comments about issues that you want Apple to fix. This is a Technical support site. We can't help you here. There is no purpose in posting here - there are avenues that are effective, and this is not one of them.

GB

Jan 9, 2017 10:37 AM in response to cruelazure125

I tried in IE, and it still did not work. I was able to go through the iTunes store to the PayPal site to confirm PayPal as my payment method for iTunes, but iTunes itself still insists that I give it a credit card number when I try to sign up for the 3-month trial of Apple Music. I'm not going to enter my credit card number; that's what I have PayPal for. It should let me sign up with PayPal as my payment method. Great way to lose potential business.

Feb 4, 2017 8:19 PM in response to nycounterpoint

I am experiencing same issue. Anytime I attempt to download music, I receive an error which states PayPal needs to be verified from another device and when I attempt to complete that step, I am still unable to purchase any content from iTunes! And to make matters just a tad more frustrating, I have a credit on my account so not sure why any payment method would need verification since it should automatically draft from my balance in iTunes, right?

Feb 12, 2017 8:08 PM in response to gail from maine

I have contacted APPLE on more than a dozen occasions about this very issue. Every support person I talk with is a clueless as the last. At this point, I don't know if this is an act or if APPLE is being stubborn about fixing this problem or worse yet, APPLE is telling their support people to evade answering the question, because they haven't a clue.

The reason they don't acknowledge the problem or fix it is that when anyone with the same problem searches these public forums for an answer, and don't find an answer, they think it must be just them and not APPLE, so they give up. Some courageous few call APPLE Support. As you can see here, contacting support has done zilch, nada, nothing.

Eventually APPLE will fix this, if enough of us complain in PUBLIC.

Feb 18, 2017 1:38 AM in response to aliceann54

I am having the same issue and after spending hours upon hours speaking with Apple and Paypal. They have blamed each other over the link that takes you to the download screen and then it was finally said Apple will no longer accept Paypal as an option. THEN WHY IS IT ON THE WEBSITE AS AN OPTION? Paypal accepts the billing agreement, but Apple refuses to allow it to be added, instead requiring a credit card. I need to feel secure with whatever company I am using and purchasing from. I will NOT add my credit card to their files. I do not appreciate my money and time being wasted like rhis. This has potentianally brought this 10 year relationship with Apple to an end.

Feb 18, 2017 1:42 AM in response to toxsimian

It's Apple that is the problem.

I am having the same issue and after spending hours upon hours speaking with Apple and Paypal. They have blamed each other over the link that takes you to the download screen and then it was finally said Apple will no longer accept Paypal as an option. THEN WHY IS IT ON THE WEBSITE AS AN OPTION? Paypal accepts the billing agreement, but Apple refuses to allow it to be added, instead requiring a credit card. I need to feel secure with whatever company I am using and purchasing from. I will NOT add my credit card to their files. I do not appreciate my money and time being wasted like this. This has potentianally brought this 10 year relationship with Apple to an end.

Aug 31, 2016 11:12 AM in response to Frameguy

I have had apps downloaded without my knowlage and my PayPal account charged. When I brought it to Apple’s and PayPal’s attention PayPal just cut the cord and now my Apple TV has not auto payment and I can not trust Apple with my credit card if they are going to allow people to force apps on people without some sort of transparency.

It was .99c and the other was free but the apps had nothing to do with what I do or want and I am afraid to even open them. Instead of investigating as it has happened before with PayPal and with Apple years ago they just cut the cord.

Was this a bait and hack?

Has my account with Apple been compromised?

Are they not paying attention to add on apps and how they are presented?

For such a rich company, one would think they would pay closer attention and not brush it off making PayPal sever my auto pay that includes the apple tv!

Can't add PayPal as form of payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.