Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart mailbox not working

I want all emails from a certain address put into one mailbox/folder. I tried setting up a smart mailbox using every which way on the filters, no mail sorts there. I am quite familiar working with filter parameters, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for any help

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 24, 2015 5:31 PM

8 replies

May 25, 2015 7:28 AM in response to Linc Davis

I can put the search in my regular mail for "New Richmond" and it does come up with a list of all emails from that address, I can "select all" and try to drag and drop into the Smart Mailbox with that name, but it doesn't go. I don't see another way to move the mail to the smart mailbox.

I thought a smart mailbox would tag all emails with "New Richmond" and move them to the smart mailbox, else why is it "smart?"

thanks for your help.

May 25, 2015 9:17 AM in response to tizart

You can't drag anything into a smart mailbox, because it's not really a mailbox and it doesn't contain anything. It just shows the results of a search.

Please post a screenshot that shows how you set up the mailbox. Be careful not to include any private information.

Start a reply to this message. Drag the image file into the editing window to upload it. You can also include text in the reply.

May 26, 2015 10:38 AM in response to Linc Davis

I think I need to delve into what a smart mailbox actually is. I may be trying to have it do something it's not set up to do. I was hoping to filter email from one address that sends a lot of email and my personal stuff gets lost. I don't want to discontinue mail from that site because it is a resource for me. But as I said may need to read up on smart mailboxes. Thanks for y our help so far.

smart mailbox not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.