Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library not displaying in Media

The Photo library does not seem to connect/display in the media browser. Music does, just not photos. I note that it thinks iPhoto but I have the updated Photo installed. Is there a way to link/relink?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 24, 2015 5:54 PM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2015 1:19 PM in response to BHWelliver

I have this problem too and tried to get help from Apple support in April. They eventually said that they could also reproduce the problem and referred it to the software engineers in the USA. I heard back that this failure is "reproducible worldwide". So they knew back in April it was a bug but so far no fix has been forthcoming. It's disappointing that they had not apparently tested that their own iBooks Author program (yes, it is theirs!) would work with the new Photos for Mac but all we can do is wait for a fix. I have found that if you open up iPhoto (which should still be in your Applocations folder) then iBooks Author will revert to showing photos from the old (and better) iPhoto. Not ideal and one of many disappointments about Photos for Mac.

Photo library not displaying in Media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.