Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing 'merge' function for purchased items in different countries using the same account

I've already read some posts about the moving-to-another-country-losing-your-purchased-items problem in here, but I'm still confused why it could be that complicated to simply merge all items you purchased in different regions/countries in your account to have them accessible at once, because it's simply the SAME account - it isn't another or hasn't been changed...

If there is a legal issue, I don't get it either: you bought the apps, music, videos etc. using a valid purchasing method regarding the country you are in...

It's you, it's your account....

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 7:53 PM

4 replies

May 24, 2015 7:57 PM in response to jürgens

Jurgens,

Not sure what problem you are referring to. Just put all the items into a single iTunes library on your computer, and take it with you.

Also make sure that you have a backup on separate physical media such as an external hard drive, because in one country you will not be able to re-download purchases made in another country.

May 30, 2015 5:53 PM in response to ed2345

@ed2345,

the latter is the case: if i want to re-download a purchased album right now, i'd be charged again, because i've bought it in another country.

it's the same icloud account i am using and it's obviously the same album(s) i'd like to download again, because i already bought them.... i don't have a backup, because i formatted my macs recently and the macs i'm using in my home country are out of reach....

so, why isn't it possible to download the stuff with the logged account (my account) with which i bought them in another region years ago?

some kind of international solution for expats would be great.

May 30, 2015 10:13 PM in response to jürgens

jürgens wrote:

If there is a legal issue, I don't get it ...

You may not want to "get it" but that's the reality of copyrights. The intellectual property is not bought, but licensed to you and licensed only for the region where you paid for it.. The same recording, might be controlled by entirely different and financially separate companies in other locations. Sometimes, different companies in the same location may even own the rights for different distribution methods, like radio and digital. It's a mess!

I'm sure Apple would love nothing more than to deal with a single entity for all countries. Unfortunatel, it's not up to Apple.

Missing 'merge' function for purchased items in different countries using the same account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.