Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove OS X read permissions for Windows Bootcamp partition

Hello!

I know most folks are looking to expand permissions between the two partitions in a bootcamp setup, but I'm actually looking to reduce/eliminate them entirely. I'd like the Windows partition to be wholly unavailable to the OS X installation (The OS X environment is used for the family and friends, the Windows partition has sensitive work-related information). Is there a relatively easy way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:38 PM

2 replies

May 24, 2015 7:35 PM in response to DFurney

Separate the OS from files physically. Allow access to the OS, but not the sensitive files. It is also a shared machine, as you state. What happens when some one with OS X Administrative access decides to accidentally remove Windows? My suggestion is to separate the family shared machine physically from the work machine completely and consider two separate machines. What happens if you need to travel for work purposes?

Remove OS X read permissions for Windows Bootcamp partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.