Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't turn off my Find my iPad

I'm in a pickle here. When my dad bought me my iPad, for some reason, it has my brother's Apple ID, not mine. I don't know why but I can't sign out of his Now I'm trying to turn off Find my iPad and I can't do that because I don't have my brother's password. I asked him for his password but he doesn't remember nor does he care. Is there some way to turn off Find my iPad without entering his password? How do I change this? Please help me!

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:08 PM

There is no way to turn off Find My iPhone without the password of the iCloud account that the Activation Lock was set under:

ACTIVATION LOCK

You can go to Manage Your Apple ID and reset the password on your brother's iCloud account here: Apple - My Apple ID

If he doesn't remember the answers to the Security Questions, you can contact Apple Support to have them reset:

ACCOUNT SECURITY CONTACT

Best of luck,

GB

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 8:08 PM in response to fahmad27

There is no way to turn off Find My iPhone without the password of the iCloud account that the Activation Lock was set under:

ACTIVATION LOCK

You can go to Manage Your Apple ID and reset the password on your brother's iCloud account here: Apple - My Apple ID

If he doesn't remember the answers to the Security Questions, you can contact Apple Support to have them reset:

ACCOUNT SECURITY CONTACT

Best of luck,

GB

I can't turn off my Find my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.