Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad mini upgrade

hi,

ive got an iPad mini 1st generation at the moment and I've had It for a year and a half l now when I brought my iPad I brought it straight from the Apple Store it was meant to come in as a iPad mini 2 but came is a 1st generatio. I rang apple and told them about my iPad, they said to send it back But buy that time I had already given my iPad to my younger sister and I couldn't take it from her. For her birthday this year she wants a iPhone 5s but mother doesn't have the money to get her one and I'm worried that if I get her one it won't last long (She mostly wants one because of the touch ID). about 1 month ago our house caught on fire and we lost everything inside. We don't have inserance for the iPad and the box was destroyed in the fire, my sister is upset after the fire and her birthday is in less then a month. I'm wondering if there is anyway I could upgrade the iPad to a 3rd generation at all, it'd be much appreciated by all our family.

Thanks

jubilee

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, Oldest version of iPad mini

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:12 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 11:59 PM in response to Jubilee26636

Apple don't do trade-ins (for info we are fellow users here on these forums), if you want a newer iPad then you are likely to get more for your current one by selling your current one privately (e.g. to friends, locally, online) than trying to find a store that does trade-ins.

Depending upon what country that you are in then Apple might be able to recycle the iPad for which you'll get a gift card (but that is likely to be less than if you sold the iPad privately) e.g. for the US : http://store.apple.com/us/browse/reuse_and_recycle

IPad mini upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.