Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo sharing organization

Is it possible to organize a shared album? It seems dumb to be able to upload thousands of photos, but not be able to create a albums within it. The only thing I can think of is having to crate dozens of albums, sharing each one with the same group of people.

OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:36 AM

Unfortunately not.

If you have any suggestions that you think might enhance the Photos Application you can send Apple your feedback here

4 replies

Jul 27, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Mike Lipay

I am dearly hoping apple will remedy this major oversight! To not be able to ORGANIZE the photos within a shared album is absurd, especially (as mentioned above) if the shared album contains hundreds or thousands of photos!

Has anybody figured out ANY workaround to get the photos in a shared album to show up for others in some reasonably sensible order?

I tried transferring a whole album of 500 photos that I had meticulously ordered by theme in photo on my iMac -- but in the shared photo album I created, the photos seem to be in virtually RANDOM order (at least as far as I can tell)...

So what IS the default order in which photos appear to someone viewing an album we share? Is it by date the photo was taken, by order in which the photos were added, by who contributed the photo, WHAT??

Second question: Is there at least some way that the other people we share our photo albums with can at least see (and search) the TITLES we have given each photograph? [It appears that this information is not available at this time in "shared albums," either...]

iCloud photo sharing organization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.