Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My lost mode was turned 2 days ago. Now, i received email notification that Find my iPhone mode is disabled! How is that possible?

My lost mode was turned 2 days ago as it was stolen. Now, i received email notification that Find my iPhone mode is disabled! How is that possible?

iPhone 6 Plus, Lost Mode

Posted on May 24, 2015 10:57 PM

23 replies

May 25, 2015 4:22 AM in response to noor fazlina

If you are saying that it is removed from your account (no longer registered with your apple ID), I would assume that someone has found your iPhone and has completed a factory reset. In this case, I find it unlikely that you will ever locate it since it has no relation to you software wise. If you have your receipt or some form of proof that the iPhone is yours (ie. Serial Number, IMEI) and you locate the device, you will be able to reclaim it.

Sincerely sorry for your loss,

Zackary

May 25, 2015 4:34 AM in response to noor fazlina

Igonore Zackary, he doesn't know what he is talking about. If the phone was restored as new (erased), the thieves would have needed your Apple ID password to do this, and the phone would still be showing up on Find my iPhone device list and would not have been able to be activated.

The only conclusion is that the thieves somehow breached your Apple ID account. Did you change all of your passwords when the phone was stolen?

May 25, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence:

FWIW, I was suspicious of that email as I had never seen the @insideicloud.icloud.com domain before. I went ahead and turned off FmP on my iPhone and got an email similar to the OP's with the same address. In any case, you are right: the only way to see if the email is legit is to analyze the full header. I think the OPs email is legit. But all of this is already moot in any case.

My lost mode was turned 2 days ago. Now, i received email notification that Find my iPhone mode is disabled! How is that possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.