Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto 9.2.3 won't work with os x 10.9.5

I recently updated my macbook pro to osx 10.9.5 and now my iphoto 9.2.3 won't open. What should I do?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:10 PM

6 replies

May 24, 2015 8:06 PM in response to steveatuttle

You need to upgrade to version 9.5.1 - however since you are a couple of years late moving to Mavericks I am not sure it is possible - 9.4.3 will work also - see if you can upgrade un updates in the app store

The other option is to get up to date with OS X 10.10.3 and Photos 1.0 (and iPhoto 9.6.1 which I believe you can still get following theses directions - Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store)

LN

Jan 8, 2016 12:26 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad,

Thanks for your help, as I have the same question - just upgraded to Mavericks from 10.6.8, and iPhoto not working. Do I need to upgrade step by step as you have shown above, or can I go direct from now 9.3 to 9.4.3? Is it still possible to get the latest iPhoto 9.6.1 or is there any point to that after 9.4.3?

I have wanted to preserve iPhoto on my computer, and don't have a shown purchase of it in the App Store to go back to.. I don't know why I have almost no purchase history on the App Store?? Can it be that going through iTunes for purchases keeps a separate history? Thanks for any help!!

Scott

Jan 8, 2016 12:57 PM in response to scotto d

Give the 9.4.3 updater a try and if it won't run then you'll have to go thru all of the incremental updaters.

Once you get to 9.4.3 you can try what Terence Devlin suggests to get 9.6.1:

If you had some version of iPhoto 9 on your Mac at the time you upgraded to EC follow the directions posted by Tererence Devlin in this post:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If iPhoto 9.6.1 is there, close the App Store, drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash and then go back to the App Store.

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

NOTE: the key to this procedure is to move the existing version of iPhoto 9 to the Trash bin in the Dock (don't empty yet) before going to the App Store.

Jan 8, 2016 7:38 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad, and thanks for your kind response!

I seem to have fallen between the cracks as osx 10.6.8 vs 10.7... it seems 10.7 types had these purchases logged as such in the App Store, but 10.6 folks had updates and our "purchases" are not logged there, I think. "Mavericks" is my only "purchase" on the App Store. I have many App purchases logged on my iTunes account, but not under purchases either, just under account info... so weird. So anyway, I don't suppose there are nifty links to iPhoto updates beyond 9.4.3 like you posted for up to 9.4.3?
What you posted does have me up and running iPhoto on Mavericks, and I am grateful for that - Thanks!!

I just don't want to upset myself or significant other by sliding into Photos, and suffer a forced reorganization...

Blessings,

Scott

iphoto 9.2.3 won't work with os x 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.