Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to rescue a backup from a stolen iPhone to my new one, but it shows an ID that is not mine. What should I do?

The ID that is shown is ***** @hotmail.com. I have no idea who is he/she. After that I can't keep with starting my session into the new iPhone.

<Email Edited by Host>

iPhone 5c, iOS 7, null

Posted on May 24, 2015 6:49 PM

5 replies

May 24, 2015 7:01 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I have the password, but it says my iPhone was blocked for security reasons, because my previous one was stolen. So now I want to redefine my password, as it recomends me. I accessed the site iForgot and it says I should wait for an email, but it's been quite a long and I didn't receive anything yet. Don't know if it's common.

But my doubt is: is it saying that my phone is blocked or is it talking about that random ID?

I think it's a bit difficut to understand =/

May 24, 2015 7:03 PM in response to vinha_msg

When you try to reactivate the phone, is it telling you you need the passcode for the email you don't recognize? If so, you have encounter the Activation Lock. Without the password to that Apple ID, there's not much you can do. If you bought the phone new, you can try taking proof of original purchase to an Apple Store and see if they can assist you.

I want to rescue a backup from a stolen iPhone to my new one, but it shows an ID that is not mine. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.