Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I uninstall itunes from my desk top

I just did an upgrade on iTunes, after the upgrade was complete it said that it was not able to install properly. I received a message saying that I needed to uninstall iTunes and reinstall iTunes. Also have a pop up that reads Service 'Apple Mobile Device Service' (Apple Mobile Device Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system service.

Since I am trying to reinstall iTunes on my desk top I have no idea what this means. The next pop up reads

Apple Application Support was not found.

Apple Application Support is required to run iTunesHelper. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again.

Error 2

Posted on May 24, 2015 9:42 PM

2 replies

May 25, 2015 3:08 AM in response to chicagousmc

If the link above hasn't fixed things then for general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

The section Install missing components has advice on breaking down the iTunes installer into the individual .msi files which might prove useful if a particular component won't install normally.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

How do I uninstall itunes from my desk top

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.