Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charges for country change in iTunes Store?

Hello,

recently I chaged my country (according to the fact of my relocation to a new country) in my Apple account for iTunes store.

Then I found out Apple charged some 3.40 USD from my card attached to that account.

What for?

• Do you charge for country change of the account?
  • Is it payment card authorization hold?
  • Will the amount be returned to the card? When?
  • Why don't you make us aware of that?

Looking forward to hearing your clarifications.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:39 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 4:13 AM in response to MarmanLive

For info we are fellow users here on these user-to-user forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

You are not charged for changing countries.

Each time that you add or change your credit card details on your iTunes account a small temporary store holding charge may be applied to check that the card details are correct and valid and that it's registered to exactly the same name and address as on your iTunes account - your card issuer should remove it from your card within a few days or so (the time varies by card issuer).

Temporary store holding charge : About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Charges for country change in iTunes Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.