Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using bootcamp creates disk errors on Macintosh HDD

Hello,

Recently (in the last week) I have started playing the Witcher 3 on the Windows 7 partition of Bootcamp.

However, every time I try and switch back to Mac it automatically boots in Disk Recovery Mode since disk errors have appeared.

When I used Windows before this didn't happen.

Usually (it has happened 4/5 times already) the disk errors are:

• Keys out of order
  • Invalid Volume File Count
  • Invalid volume directory count
  • Invalid volume free block count

So far, it has always managed to fix the errors, but I am worried.

I have tried erasing the windows partition and creating a new one but the problem seems to persist.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

I have updated all the bootcamp drivers to the latest ones and I am running Yosemite on the Mac partition.

The only other programs I have installed in Windows are: Chrome, AVG and MacDrive 8.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), Mac OS X (10.7.5), Windows 7

Posted on May 25, 2015 2:51 AM

5 replies

May 26, 2015 3:11 AM in response to Rudegar

I checked the SMART readings and they were fine. Logging in directly on mac also didn’t cause any problems (I tried it a few times over the last week).

However, logging into windows did immediately cause the problems mentioned above. While the HD may be dying, it seems quite coincidental that it only, and consistently, happens after having used windows.

Using bootcamp creates disk errors on Macintosh HDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.