Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhoto has stopped showing photos by date

I just opened my IPhoto and it shows all my photos under 1 tab ranging from March 30, 2002 to May 24, 2015.

I have gone into "View>sort photos> and rechecked "by date/ascending" and nothing is changing. Any suggestions will help.

Posted on May 24, 2015 7:49 PM

14 replies

May 25, 2015 8:51 AM in response to R C-R

Maybe

and if that is the case I provided a likely answer

if in photos then my guess is that you have unchecked "event titles"

Although no one can do anything but guess until clear, accurate details are provided

I think I answered - but no one know since the details are not available and the OP declines to provide them

LN

May 25, 2015 3:59 PM in response to GSHB

GSHB wrote:

I have not wanted to rebuild the database yet.

I'm just guessing, but that seems like your best bet, unless there is something you haven't told us about that would make that problematic.

BTW, regarding terminology, what you refer to as the bottom task bar is known as the Dock on OS X systems. Applications on the Dock are sort of like special versions of aliases -- they provide a convenient way to access the app, to drop files on its Dock icon, for the app to notify you it wants your attention by bouncing, & so on.

May 26, 2015 8:53 AM in response to GSHB

Before shelling out money for assistance restore the backup copy of your library that was made just prior to you discovering the missing photos. They should be in that library. When you restore the library do not overwrite your current library but restore it to a different location until you can determine if the restored library is what you want to keep.

IPhoto has stopped showing photos by date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.