Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi error 14

my iPad 2 Wi-Fi type A1395,

yesterday i update my iPad from iOS 7.1.2 to iOS 8.3,

but the ipad update fail, the error code is 14 and stuck 50% in updating status on the top itunes bar.

I was browsing to a lot of references, but the result is the same.

if try to restore OTA via itunes and always stuck at 99 % when ipsw file downloads running.

the ipsw likely error, i was check with object fix tools and thats right, they have an error.

but another ipsw i checked dont have warning at all.

I have tried anything ways.

this is a bug of apple or hardware damage?

this make me so frustrating 😟

maybe anyone who have experienced with the same problem?

is there any solution from apple?

help me..

thanks a lot

iPad 2

Posted on May 24, 2015 9:02 PM

9 replies

May 24, 2015 9:07 PM in response to maykel_

If you check this support document regarding update and restore errors Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support The 14 error could be a USB error, or is generally a hardware error.

You will not get a solution from Apple here, this is a user to user support forum. You will need to attempt to troubleshoot the device yourself, or make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service provider.

You mention multiple ipsw files. If you have attempted to download a non-standard ipsw file, then you may have corrupted the device and you will not be able to restore it, especially if you attempted to jailbreak the device.

May 25, 2015 7:41 AM in response to maykel_

maykel_ wrote:

if you connect iTunes and make update or restore OTA,

the firmware(ipsw) will be download first sir.

if you using offline the ipsw must be manual download first

I understand this. That is my point. The download is done automatically, why are you trying to download it from somewhere? If you attempt to update offline, it won't work, since you cannot contact the Apple server to verify the update. You cannot update offline. Either way, this portion of the discussion is generally irrelevant, since your problem is not with the ipsw, it is more than likely hardware.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi error 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.