Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iBook between iPad and iPhone?

Hello everyone, im trying to sync my books and other PDFs from my iPhone to my iPa, but I'm unable to do so. I synced my iPhone to iTunes so I can see the book and back it up to the iPad but it is not working either. Before used to be everything I download on my iPhone I would see on my iPad but now I can't. Anybody can help me with that? Thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 9:30 PM

You have omitted a lot of critical information that would allow us to help you a whole lot better.

• What version of iOS does your iPhone have?
  • What version of iOS does your iPad have?
  • Do your iPhone and iPad use the same Apple ID and password?
  • What version of iTunes are you using on your computer?
  • What version of operating system are you using on your computer? (Your profile above indicates OS X 10.4.11, Tiger, which was released ten years ago.)
  • Are you talking about items purchased in the iBooks Store?

If you were current with your software, then all iBooks purchased in the store could be downloaded to all your devices from the "Purchased" tab.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 9:30 PM in response to moehershey

You have omitted a lot of critical information that would allow us to help you a whole lot better.

• What version of iOS does your iPhone have?
  • What version of iOS does your iPad have?
  • Do your iPhone and iPad use the same Apple ID and password?
  • What version of iTunes are you using on your computer?
  • What version of operating system are you using on your computer? (Your profile above indicates OS X 10.4.11, Tiger, which was released ten years ago.)
  • Are you talking about items purchased in the iBooks Store?

If you were current with your software, then all iBooks purchased in the store could be downloaded to all your devices from the "Purchased" tab.

May 24, 2015 9:57 PM in response to moehershey

Well, I'm guessing you have a Mac running Yosemite and iTunes 12.1.

While your devices sync using iTunes, open the device's summary page in iTunes and select Settings > Books from the left column. Set up syncing as shown here:

User uploaded file

Then look for your documents in iBooks on your Mac. Also make sure your iBooks > Preferences (from iBooks' menu) are set to allow sync as shown:

User uploaded file

Syncing iBook between iPad and iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.