Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions Using Tables and Charts in Pages

I do a lot of writing and Pages is light years ahead of MS Word. But a few things leave me scratching my head. Can anyone help?

1) Using a Table

I created a table in Pages. I used the formula bar to create a column with percentages. But I can't round up the decimal points. The entry has 14 decimal points, i.e..

9.55704697986577. I really want it rounded up to one or two points. And I would really like the % sign included, ie. 9.56%. I can't really submit the document like this.

2) Chart and Table Sizing

I can manually size the charts and tables I am using. And I love this feature. But I only have two choices in the pie chart - one is too small and one is too big. Like Goldilocks, I need the 'just right' size. What can I do?

3) Chart and Table Positioning

I can move the charts very easily in the document. But I have to cut and paste the tables to move them. Am I doing something wrong?

4) Titles in Charts and Tables - this is driving me near crazy. In the Tables, I have given up on the titles and simply merge the first row and use it as a title. In the charts, I don't have this option. It will only allow me to have a title the width of the chart, even though the width of the legend might be wider. Is there any way I can manually set the size of the title separate and apart from the chart?

5) My last question is not about tables and charts. But rather page numbers. I don't want a page number on the first page of the document. In MS Word there is a feature called "first page special." Is there anything similar in Pages?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 25, 2015 5:02 AM

There are no replies.

Questions Using Tables and Charts in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.