Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to a transfer documents, formats, preferences to '09?

Here’s my situation: I have two “Pages” on my MacBook running OS 10.10.3 . One in the iWork folder with a date of 20 April 2015 (I guess an “upgrade,” that I don’t remember doing) version 4.1 (923), , that I have been using for some years and in which are all my documents; and one that is in the applications folder and bears the date 18 May 2015. It is version 5.5.3 (2152) and has no license agreement that I can see. None of my documents are in this later version. I tried copying one to the newer version, but the fonts are not the same, page and section breaks don’t copy, and the preferences appear to be different.

How do I move all my documents with their formats to the newer version? Or is that a wise thing to do? I thought that when I got an update, which the 18 May one must be, it would have my old settings and documents in it. I’m confused and need help, please.

Please be gentle with me. I’m old and easily befuddled.

<Personal Information Removed by Host>

Posted on May 24, 2015 10:47 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 1:26 PM in response to Craig G. Clark

20 months ago Apple brought out a new set of iWork apps to be more compatible with the iPad versions.

These are completely new applications and only look somewhat like the iWork versions. Unfortunately in the process Apple dropped over 100 features, introduced a lot of bugs, made it very incompatible and has changed the file format several times as well as dumbing down the templates.

one good thing is they did not remove the previous versions, so you can keep using those.

Just make sure you open the right versions. Pages 09 has a blue ink bottle icon and Pages 5.5.3 has an orange document icon.

You can use both. Pages 5.5.3 will open Pages 09 documents and convert them. It can also export its own documents to Pages 09 versions.

Unless you have an iPad stick with Pages 09.

Peter

How to a transfer documents, formats, preferences to '09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.