Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backing up ipad

if i back up my ipad to a different computer, will i lose my files? my desktop computer has no space anymore so i want to back up my ipad on my macbook pro. i'm afraid that i will lose my data so i need someone to atleast confirm that backing up will just store the data on my mac. thank you

iPad

Posted on May 25, 2015 1:13 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2015 4:29 AM in response to byunbaekhyun

To actually answer your question, as long as you just backup on the Mac, you will not lose any data. But turn off auto sync before you backup. On the Mac, launch iTunes and go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices>Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from automatically syncing.

In any event, you should get a message from iTunes that your iPad has been synced with another computer at which time you should be able to cancel anything that you are doing if necessary,

You might want to consider moving your iTunes library to the Mac and making that computer your syncing computer.

How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

backing up ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.