Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get a count in when not in Recording mode

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to get a four beat count in in Logic 9 when NOT in record mode. I want to be able to start at specific markers and get a four beat count in.

Thanks!

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 2013 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM 2.8GHz

Posted on May 25, 2015 1:30 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2015 10:06 AM in response to jfriedman93n3h

First, you have to make sure what you mean with the term "Count-in"

For example if a band wants to start at the 2nd Verse (i.e. bar 20) and the drummer gives a one bar "count-in", then he just counts 4 beats on his drum sticks and the band starts at the 2nd Verse at bar 20.

Enabling the "count-in" in Logic is just a preroll, that means that Logic starts the playback at bar 19, one bar ahead of the actual start of the Verse2 at bar 20.

This "count-in" aka "preroll" is only possible in conjunction with the Record Mode and not Playback Mode. If you want playback to start at bar 19, you have to put the Playhead there of set the Cycle Range to start at bar 19.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How to get a count in when not in Recording mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.