Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son forgot his passcode and I have followed the directions for recovery. It will appear to be working, then tell me I need to enter the passcode in order to connect with the phone. That is the whole point....any suggestions?

My son forgot his passcode and I have followed the directions for recovery. It will appear to be working, then tell me I need to enter the passcode in order to connect with the phone. That is the whole point....any suggestions?

iPhone 4

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:14 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2015 2:12 PM in response to donfromflat rock

Howdy Don,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see that the passcode on your son's iPhone has been forgotten, and you need to get the device reset in order to use it. Since you're being prompted to enter the passcode, it does not appear the device has been put into recovery mode properly. Thus please follow the instructions in the article below to help resolve this issue.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.