Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot vew photos on cd made on computer that does not work now

HAve new imac all in one and bought cd player. My photos that were created on an older windows pc, which is now history, does not open? Please help!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on May 25, 2015 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 1:50 PM

Hi lbahand,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you burned a cd on an old PC and that cd will not work on a new iMac. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Factors that affect writing to or reading from optical media - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 1:50 PM in response to Ibahand

Hi lbahand,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you burned a cd on an old PC and that cd will not work on a new iMac. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Factors that affect writing to or reading from optical media - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

May 26, 2015 2:14 PM in response to mario49

THis was a new imac all in one. plugged in new usb superdrive..and nothing! After searching for resolve, i finally called apple suport. Well, found out i had super drive turned upside down. Turned it over and everything worked perfect! Feel foolish, but hey, i am probably not the first one who has done this. Hope this helps someone else. The apple support team are fantastic!

Cannot vew photos on cd made on computer that does not work now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.