Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing home screen

I periodically lock myself in Newsstand by double clicking the Home button then closing all the apps including the Home screen. I then have to reset the iPad Air,2 by pressing the home and reset buttons. If I am careful and not close the Home screen then I can double click the Home button to return to the Home screen. This has something to do with the way Newsstand works as a folder but represents an inconvenient bug.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 3:55 AM

4 replies

May 25, 2015 4:18 AM in response to dperry112

I don't know if this will work, but try closing the Newsstand this way. When you are done reading your periodical, tap the home button once. That should take you back to the Newsstand where you see all of your magazine, newspapers, on the shelf. Now tap the home button one more time. Only tap once. That should take you back to the home screen. Now you can double tap the home button to close the magazine or newspaper app that you were using for that periodical.

So really, it is one tap to get to the Newsstand shelf, then one more tap to get to the home screen.

Closing home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.