Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why siri and voice text not working.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 1:35 PM

I am having this same problem with my iPhone 5s that started a few days ago (it was working fine before that). I think it might be a network issue of some sort. Siri was working fine for me a few days ago but both Siri and voice dictation stopped working. Siri will come back after some time and say "I seem to have lost my Internet connection, my apologies". I know my Internet connection is working because I can get to sites in Safari and other apps and Speedtest works etc... I tried rebooting my iPhone 5s, doing a hard reset, turning Siri and Voice Dictation off then on again, resetting Network Settings. As a last resort I did a DFU restore and Siri and Voice dictation still don't work. Siri still comes back and says "I seem to have lost my Internet connection, my apologies". I have seen posts from other people having the same issue. I also have an iPad Air 2 but Siri and voice dictation are working fine. I wonder if the server that Siri uses is ignoring some devices for some reason?

If you find a solution to this please let us know.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 1:35 PM in response to mander4tm

I am having this same problem with my iPhone 5s that started a few days ago (it was working fine before that). I think it might be a network issue of some sort. Siri was working fine for me a few days ago but both Siri and voice dictation stopped working. Siri will come back after some time and say "I seem to have lost my Internet connection, my apologies". I know my Internet connection is working because I can get to sites in Safari and other apps and Speedtest works etc... I tried rebooting my iPhone 5s, doing a hard reset, turning Siri and Voice Dictation off then on again, resetting Network Settings. As a last resort I did a DFU restore and Siri and Voice dictation still don't work. Siri still comes back and says "I seem to have lost my Internet connection, my apologies". I have seen posts from other people having the same issue. I also have an iPad Air 2 but Siri and voice dictation are working fine. I wonder if the server that Siri uses is ignoring some devices for some reason?

If you find a solution to this please let us know.

Sep 22, 2015 9:22 PM in response to byrdini

This is applicable if your phone recognizes your voice (i.e., the sound waves move on the screen when you speak), but siri does not respond and your text does not appear on the screen after that. If this is the case, there's nothing wrong with your mic and it's something in your settings. If this didn't work for you, it's likely an issue with your mic. Take it to an Apple Store and they will probably offer you a replacement if they can't fix it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.