Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husbands call log is appearing in my call log.

My phone does not ring with his, but his call log is showing in my call log. I can clear it out and it will reappear later. This just started happening. We've had these phones for a while. No new updates.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:07 AM

9 replies

May 26, 2015 4:12 PM in response to KiltedTim

I'm not sure why you are telling people this. I share an iCloud account across several Macs and phones, and they all belong to one person: me. That multiple people in multiple threads are reporting that the issue started around 22 May -- calls from one device history (even deleted calls) are appearing or reappearing on another -- indicate something changed on the Apple (cloud) side of things. I spoke with a senior tech at Apple today and they are looking into it.

The whole purpose of iCloud is to distribute/share contacts, calendars, photos, etc. Even if you are sharing them with yourself 😝

Oct 13, 2015 4:42 PM in response to KiltedTim

There is a definite change in behavior recently (I suspect it's a new change from iOS 9.0.x) -- and even if this is intended by Apple, devices with different phone numbers should not be sharing phone logs since it doesn't make sense. A user might have 2 phone numbers for business and personal, and use the same Apple ID for them (eg. not sharing between spouses), but clearly they might not want crossover of the phone logs to each phone -- this could easily be a preferences setting if needed, with a default to OFF.

iOS should be smart enough to see the phone call log doesn't match the phone number of the device -- it did this before the current update (in fact I think it wasn't crossing logs in 9.0, but I'm pretty sure it cropped up in 9.0.1 and 9.0.2). Now, Facetime might sync logs since someone might be calling using the email address/Apple ID, but that's different than the phone, and even Facetime lets you choose which device rings from which addresses. Again, this behavior is NEW in the phone app.

Pasted from another thread (Re: How do I stop sharing call history between two iPhones (one mac)) since I had to look hard to find solutions...

For us, 9.0.2 does NOT fix the issue with shared calling histories between different iPhones. We both have iPhone 6s's on iOS 9.0.2. I tried shutting off WiFi phone calls, disabling Handoff on her phone (I need it on my phone) as well as ensuring her phone and devices aren't selected for "Allow Calls on other devices".

What worked for me was to disable iCloud Drive on my wife's iPhone 6s -- as suggested in another thread (thanks, ifat) thankfully she doesn't use any iCloud drive features. I know this isn't optimal but it works for our situation to preserve the features we need.

I realize people will say use different Apple ID's but the primary reason we are sharing Apple IDs is to share the iCloud photo library: that way pictures we both take end up in the same library. We both then have access to our 325 GB library with over 15 years of photos, a huge benefit of a cloud shared photo library. For us, Family Sharing isn't really about sharing purchases.

If Apple would allow Family sharing to also share the iCloud Photo Library that would solve this issue. Ideally, Apple would allow authorized family members to access the shared photo library (configurable per device as I don't want all my little kid's photos from their devices). It would also require sharing the full storage plan of the primary account holder (otherwise sharing a huge library doesn't work), and this could be used to allow iCloud device backups all to the same storage plan.

Until then, I hope Apple realizes many people share the Apple ID for the photos and re-enable the sequestering of the call history to each device. It would make sense for call history to be sync'd among devices selected in the "Allow Calls on other devices" preference.

Oct 13, 2015 5:18 PM in response to KiltedTim

I don't have the Terms of Service to look it up but does Apple also disallow using the same Apple ID if an individual uses 2 different phones for their own use -- not sharing with another person (eg. business and personal numbers)?

That's a very real situation for many people and I'd imagine for privacy, billing, call audit reasons they wouldn't want the logs merged between phone lines.

Oct 24, 2015 12:48 AM in response to KiltedTim

For us, it appears the iOS 9.1 update has solved the issue: I turned iCloud Drive back on my wife's phone and after a few tests that previously failed, we're not seeing each other's call log.

Hoooray!! I hope this is a true fix and it sticks. I'll keep my fingers crossed and see how the next few days goes.

Regardless, I hope Apple offers additional sharing features for family share groups so we won't have to rely on bandaids or oversights in the feature set.

Does 9.1 fix the issue for others?

Nov 11, 2015 1:26 PM in response to SteveW25561

I have had the opposite problem. After updating to iOs 9.0.x, my wife's call log appeared on my iPhone. Similarly to you, we have had 1 **********@mac.com and 2 iPhones for about 6 years, with no problems until iOS 9.0.x. I was able to fix the issue in iOS 9.0, but then in a fit of stupidity and masochism down-graded to iOS 9.1. And my wife's calls reappeared on my call log. Nothing I have tried to date has resolved the issue. I'm sure Mr. Kilt will reply telling me to be sure to have 2 iCloud IDs. So it will be another hour or two of my life reading up on how to set up 2 iCloud IDs, and then troubleshooting all the expected unexpected bugs that will materialize. I'm assuming either my device or my wife's device will be wiped of all the shared photos, music, and other content. Maybe it will be like a home improvement project, with 3 trips to the packed mac store to wait for some "genius" to tell me to turn the devices off and on, scratch his/her head, get their super genius, have them scratch his/her head, call somebody at apple tech support, who will switch some data bit on their end, finally to have my iPhones back to how they functioned in 2011. Thank you apple for continuing to degrade Steve Job's vision of a seamless interface between user and technology.

<Edited by Host>

My husbands call log is appearing in my call log.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.