Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to support my mother's iPad from my iPad Mini

I need to support my mother's iPad from my iPad Mini. She's had her device for several years but is frequently stymied by not being able to connect to the Internet (despite having a functioning wireless router that is supposed to connect automatically.) She also says her home screen changes by itself and she can't find one she wants, altho I set up all the home screen bookmarks she needed. Of course when she goes to the Apple Store, where they're very nice to her, they can't see the Internet connection problem. I'd like to be able to see her iPad from mine. Both devices are registered to me. Many Thanks!

iPad

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:20 AM

You cannot control or see one iPad from another one. That functionality does not exist.

6 replies

May 25, 2015 12:10 PM in response to deggie

In a vague kind of a way. Since I don't live near her that will have to wait for a visit. Altho my brother was able to have a constructive conversation with her ISP and it seemed briefly all might be well, there are so many factors involved - passwords for this and that which she can't remenber nor can she find the notebook where it's all written down, etc etc. I was hoping I could look at it remotely, like with TeamViewer, then I could work on it when convenient for me. Also her house is extremely well built with plaster walls - even I have a weak signal if I'm not in the room with the router - and she doesn't have much patience. To her the Internet is miraculous (tho not in a good way) and miracles should be instantaneous. Frankly I think she should give it up but she insists the modern world requires being able to use the Internet and won't turn over those few tasks for which that is true to me.

SIgh...thank you for listening.

I need to support my mother's iPad from my iPad Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.