Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate artwork for album and each track

I've just spent hours scanning the labels of my 45s, both sides, to use as track artwork.🙂 But I've run into an issue:😐

I want to have one piece of artwork that displays as the album artwork, but I also want a different piece of artwork for each track of the album.😎

However, when I Add Artwork for track 1, it also replaces the artwork for the album.😠

When I Add Artwork for the album, it also replaces the artwork for all tracks of said album.😠

There must be an iTunes setting or something that will stop the album artwork from being spread throughout the entire album. Also to keep Track 1 artwork from updating the album artwork.😕

Windows 7

Posted on May 25, 2015 5:52 AM

7 replies

May 25, 2015 6:08 AM in response to garyzfromclementon

There is no separate place for Album artwork, but every track does have a separate place for an image for the track. So choose an artwork for each track and do track one as the last one: that will be the same as the album then. Or, if you want the album image the same as the "main" song, say number 7, switch that song from it's place with song number one first.

May 25, 2015 6:14 AM in response to garyzfromclementon

iTunes groups tracks on an album basis, and uses the first image associated with the first track of each album as album artwork. In some cases if a different track from the same album has different artwork it may be displayed (MiniPlayer with album art showing) but in general only the one image is used. There are no options to provide further control.

tt2

May 27, 2015 5:20 PM in response to turingtest2

I just tried it

I have the album "The Police - Every Breath You Take: The Classics". I just added the 45 RPM Label artwork for the track "De Do Do Do De Da Da Da" and the main album item artwork remained intact. But that's an album I purchased from the iTunes Store.

Let me try doing it for a CD that I imported and scanned in the cover artwork from the CD booklet... annnnd... YES! That works too! The main album item artwork remained intact!

It seems that as long as I "ADD" the record label artwork to the track in addition to the album artwork that's already there, the label becomes the first (left) of the two artworks with the album artwork second (right), but the added label artwork doesn't effect the main album item artwork!

That just might work! I think we have a solution here! Yippee!

Thanks a whole lot!

Separate artwork for album and each track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.