Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When clicking on my emoji keyboard it takes an extremely long time to load, I have no idea what to do? Also tried restarting my phone by holding down lock button and home button

When clicking on my emoji keyboard it takes a long time to load, and after using an emoji the message containing it takes a long time to send.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:13 PM

Hi Elllew,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's emoji keyboard being very slow to come up, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 2:13 PM in response to Elllew

Hi Elllew,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's emoji keyboard being very slow to come up, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Sep 14, 2016 2:15 PM in response to Elllew

in iOS10 still same issue with emoji loading too slowly.

I don't think that reseting iPhone is the best option.

Before resorting to that option.

Try closing all apps that are running in background.

then remove emoji keyboard -> go to message app text something -> go back and add emoji keyboard.

That worked for me.

Settings->General->Keyboard->Keyboards->

- click on edit and delete Emoji keyboard.

Test:

go to message app text something - plain text. No emoji should be there and only one keyboard if you have single language.

go back and press Add New Keyboard...

scroll and find Emoji.

It worked for me.

When clicking on my emoji keyboard it takes an extremely long time to load, I have no idea what to do? Also tried restarting my phone by holding down lock button and home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.