Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is total Mpbs download capability iPad2?

Never found a direct answer to this very direct question. It is probably correct to assume that the iPad2 has an architectural Mpbs wi-Fi download limit. If that is the case what is that Mpbs limit? Why do I want to know that limit. I have Time Warner Internet and Wi-Fi service. I'm supposed to be getting a download of 300 Mpbs. ( yes 300 not a typo) With an upload of 21 Mpbs. (Also not a typo). Using Ookla Speed testing App on all my devices, set to the closest same server on all I get a variety of Wi-Fi Mbps results listed and recorded for the same daily time periods. With my Samsung S4 my highest wi-Fi reading is 197.93 Mpbs. download and a 20.80 upload. For my iPad2 the highest I have ever gotten is 50.4 Mpbs Wi-Fi download and a 20.0 Mpbs upload. That was the exception, the average is about 35 Mpbs. Downloads

WHile that is very good on my iPad If it architecturally able to produce faster than 50 Mpbs., and I have up to 300 Mpbs. Wi-Fi aimed at my iPad 2 and my iPad 2 can use a lot more than 50 Mpbs downloads why should I be content with 50 Mpbs when I'm paying for a service that puts up to 300 Mpbs.

THus the very direct question: "how many Mpbs. Is my iPad 2 capable of downloading?".

iPad 2, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on May 25, 2015 9:44 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2015 9:56 AM in response to Abdiserv

It supports 802.11 A/B/G/N. The maximum throughput is, theoretically, 300 mbps. That will vary depending on the equipment you're connecting it to, however. It will also be affected by the saturation level of the upstream channel. If the upstream channel is saturated, then a client will not be able to respond to ack requests in a timely matter, resulting in lower downstream throughput. The wireless router/hotspot you're using may behave very differently with different clients as not all implement the standards in the same way and some may not be compatible with all clients in all modes.

Check your router. How are you connected? It sounds like you're connected to an 802.11 G network, where the max throughput is 54Mbps.

What is total Mpbs download capability iPad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.