Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not

After using earbuds for the first time, my text notifications and other sounds stopped working or are stuck on mute. My alarms , ringers and music are all functioning normally. My settings are unchanged - they all indicate full volume. Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:08 AM

If you remove the earbuds from the device and attempt to change the volume on the phone with the volume buttons, what displays on the screen? Do you see the word Headphones under the volume control? If so, then the device is stuck in the headphone mode. This can happen if the headphones are not used much. You may try plugging and unplugging the headphones a couple of times to try and clear the sensor that detects the insertion of the headphones. You can also try a reset of the device, which could electronically fix it, hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. This will not affect any of your data.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 8:08 AM in response to GMH2014

If you remove the earbuds from the device and attempt to change the volume on the phone with the volume buttons, what displays on the screen? Do you see the word Headphones under the volume control? If so, then the device is stuck in the headphone mode. This can happen if the headphones are not used much. You may try plugging and unplugging the headphones a couple of times to try and clear the sensor that detects the insertion of the headphones. You can also try a reset of the device, which could electronically fix it, hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. This will not affect any of your data.

Not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.