Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone having an issue with the magnetic clasp on the leather loop band not holding firm allowing the band to come loose on your wrist?

IS anyone having an issue with the magnetic clasp on the leather loop band not remaining secure allowing the band to loosen on your wrist?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2015 8:23 AM

Problem solved (for me at least) - I got my Apple Watch (Sport-42mm-Space Gray) two days ago and never intended to use the sport band. When I took it out of the box - the first thing I did was swap out the Sport band for the Apple Leather one I bought. It turns out I installed the Leather band incorrectly. I found instructions for the correct facing/installation of the band and now it clasps securely and feels better. Apparently the magnets are placed at the extreme edge of one side of the band to maximize their effect (makes sense).

My version of the instructions:

The part of the band that attaches to the watch ( I will call it the foot) has a spot on one side of it that the release mechanism fits into. So the top of the foot has three "filled" slots and the bottom has three slots with only two filled - the middle slot is empty so the mechanism to secure the band can set. Because the band release is on the bottom - the side of the band that has the middle slot empty goes on the bottom.

I hope that helps.

Gregg

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2015 8:23 AM in response to Bilars

Problem solved (for me at least) - I got my Apple Watch (Sport-42mm-Space Gray) two days ago and never intended to use the sport band. When I took it out of the box - the first thing I did was swap out the Sport band for the Apple Leather one I bought. It turns out I installed the Leather band incorrectly. I found instructions for the correct facing/installation of the band and now it clasps securely and feels better. Apparently the magnets are placed at the extreme edge of one side of the band to maximize their effect (makes sense).

My version of the instructions:

The part of the band that attaches to the watch ( I will call it the foot) has a spot on one side of it that the release mechanism fits into. So the top of the foot has three "filled" slots and the bottom has three slots with only two filled - the middle slot is empty so the mechanism to secure the band can set. Because the band release is on the bottom - the side of the band that has the middle slot empty goes on the bottom.

I hope that helps.

Gregg

Is anyone having an issue with the magnetic clasp on the leather loop band not holding firm allowing the band to come loose on your wrist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.