Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I check latest backup on Time Capsule from another MacBook?

The hardrive on my MacBook Pro from 2011 crashed, the authorised service station i Uppsala said that I have to exchange my hardrive. I have a Time Capsule and I'm not sure when the last backup was made on it. I have some important files i need too redeem, but if a backup was made on Friday (22 may) i hav all i need on my Time Capsule.

I now have my brothers MacBook, and my question is if it is possible form me to check on his computer what is the latest backup of my MacBook on my time Capsule?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:12 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 8:25 AM in response to Mburberg

I now have my brothers MacBook, and my question is if it is possible form me to check on his computer what is the latest backup of my MacBook on my time Capsule?

Possibly, but Apple frowns on us sternly when we post the instructions, since it is not officially supported by Apple, and it is easy to corrupt your backups when you do this, unless you are very careful to not change the files in any way. The last time that we did this, the forum moderators edited the post to remove the instructions.

If things don't work, or your backups are damaged, we cannot assume any responsibility for that.

Up to you. Want to try?

Can I check latest backup on Time Capsule from another MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.