Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 imessage

is anyone else having significant issues with message now with 8.3?

for example- first after updating - iPad would not use iMessage.

now phone shows sending and delivered on text messages- no response suggests she hasn't seen it...

ive tried restarting phone,

resetting network,

ive ve turned off iMessage and FaceTime and signed back in... To no avail.

HElp?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2017 6:34 AM

Hello Warrenfromtx,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPad. If you are having issues with Messages after a recent iOS update, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2017 6:34 AM in response to Warrenfromtx

Hello Warrenfromtx,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPad. If you are having issues with Messages after a recent iOS update, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Apr 17, 2017 6:34 AM in response to Warrenfromtx

Thank you for your clarification. As far as Apple Genius, you are not going to get that here. This is a user to user support forum, and except for the first reply that you got, you will not get a "Genius" response. You mention that you have restarted the phone and reset network settings. You have also turned off iMessage and turned it back on.

The only time that I have witnessed both the send and deliver like this is where there was a network issue in the past. The "Send" line seemed to lock-up at around 85-90%. It was unsure if the message sent. I've seen both things happen, a send and not a send. I was able to get my device to correct itself by force closing the Messages app after deleting the individual message in the thread and then reset the phone by holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together and then the phone reset. After the phone restarted, I opened Messages and then was able to successfully send and receive messages. The Send and Delivered also reflected correctly. One question, is this message to a single recipient, or a group?

As far as a roll back, Apple does not provide a path for downgrading iOS, so no, it cannot happen. I've got 8 iOS devices here, 5 iPhones and 3 iPad Minis and none of them experienced the same actions as you describe. The closest I found was what I told you about, but it did not affect multiple devices at the same time. The next troubleshooting step after resetting the network can either be a Reset All Settings or a Restore from backup. Then if necessary a restore as new to test the hardware before adding any additional content back to the device.

May 26, 2015 3:02 PM in response to Warrenfromtx

Regarding the reply posts:

1. Brenden; I have read that thread; which prompted the action taken specified in the original posting. I appreciate you taking the time to post the link; however, the suggestions have already been followed and knowledge base searched; thus the unique post.

2. Chris; the dictation at the base of the message is of little consequence if it indicates read or delivered. The reason it was highlighted in this instance was due to the fact that the title bar of the application indicates "sending" while the activity screen shows "delivered". It ought not reflect both, as one action indicates completion of the other.

The same phenomena is not limited to the iPad; and is occuring with the iPhone as well. As a matter of fact- even today; after receipt of several messages; that were indeed responses indicating receipt of my previous message. the screen still shows 'sending' when in fact it ought not.

Apple Genius - Hello? Are you out there? Is there a fix for this or can we roll the devices back?

User uploaded file

iOS 8.3 imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.