Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sir i purchased an iphone 5c which has a courier lock,how do i activate my iphone?

how do i activate my iphone 5c?it is asking for a valid simcard!

iPhone 5c, iOS 6

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:46 AM

6 replies

May 25, 2015 9:15 AM in response to yussuph15

You can try different sim cards form different carriers until you find one that works, then you'll know what carrier its locked to and could ask for the unlock. Other than that, none, unfortunately. As was pointed out, only the Carrier that the phone is locked to can officially and legally unlock it.

Any other attempt would be a hack, potentially illegal, and could not be discussed here even if we wanted to.

Lesson learned, don't buy iPhones on the black or gray market.

May 25, 2015 11:29 AM in response to yussuph15

You can call AppleCare, tell them you only want to know which carrier your iPhone is locked to, and give them the model and serial number. Then you will have to contact that carrier and see what their unlock process is and if you qualify.

You will also need to check the Activation Lock on that phone, to do so go here: https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

If it is locked you have been taken.

sir i purchased an iphone 5c which has a courier lock,how do i activate my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.