Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I charged my iphone with a non apple device.

My phone now only works on speaker. no other sounds. Worse yet lost all my music.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on May 25, 2015 7:54 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 8:06 AM in response to aschubele

If by "non-Apple device" you mean an uncertified Lightning cable you may indeed have damaged the phone's hardware. But if you mean a non-Apple USB adapter, it would be very unusual for it to damage the phone, as most USB adapters meet the same standards worldwide.

If the non-Apple device was a computer that would explain the loss of your music, as an iPhone can sync to only one computer at a time, and the music from the most recent computer will replace what was on the phone.

You should be able to restore your music from iTunes on your computer, or, if it is all iTunes music, by simply downloading it again. For any other problems try restoring iOS using iTunes on your computer.

I charged my iphone with a non apple device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.