Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac 27" 2.9GHz when I reinstall Snow Leopard I get the beachball of death and can get no further

After Ive erased the disk and reinstalled Snow Leopard, at the point where I restart and then install the applications disk not long after its booted up and loaded I get the coloured beachball and can go no further.

Any ideas what is happening here and how I resolve it?

Thanks.'

iMac

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:52 AM

4 replies

May 26, 2015 2:54 PM in response to WenborneHackney

WenborneHackney wrote:

Thank you for your help.

I ran the standard test, then the advanced test and got the result of "no trouble found" for both.

Any ideas on what my next step should be?

Best,

Scott.

Scott,

AHT is all you have available, however it is not the most reliable tool. A couple of pointers about AHT:

• Never run AHT in basic mode, it's worthless and will not find anything.
  • Run AHT in extended mode 2-3 times back to back, AHT does not always find errors after the 1st or 2nd pass, however when it does find errors they are correct.

My recommendation, before taking it in for service run AHT in extended mode 2-3 times back to back.

Imac 27" 2.9GHz when I reinstall Snow Leopard I get the beachball of death and can get no further

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.