Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edits to songs in iTunes don't show up on iPhone

I sometimes edit the song information in iTunes to correct genre, artists, etc. but am having two issues:

1. Edits to purchased songs don't show up consistently when I sync with my iPhone. (The original information appears rather than my changes.)

2. iTunes periodically overwrites my changes with information from the iTunes store for purchased songs.

I tried uninstalling all music from my iPhone and reinstalling it but still have the issue.

I have an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3 and am using iTunes 12.1.2.27 on an iMac with OS X 10.10.3.

Any suggestions on how go get my changes to "stick" or to prevent iTunes from overwriting my changes?

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:31 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 12:56 PM in response to Louis Ladehoff

It seems that the system that shows your iCloud content gives preference to the store version of the metadata.

In iTunes go to iTunes > Preferences > Store and turn off

• Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases
  • Share details about your library with Apple

On any iOS device go to Settings > Music and turn off

Show All Music

Close iTunes and reopen, or restart your iOS device. You may see your changed data straight away, or it may revert when you play content.

tt2

Edits to songs in iTunes don't show up on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.