Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I can't log in to Apps store with my Apple ID while I can sign in to Facetime, iMessage and ICloud. My problem is I cannot update my apps and can't download even if I input the apple id and password correctly.

Why I can't log in to Apps store with my Apple ID while I can sign in to Facetime, iMessage and ICloud. My problem is I cannot update my apps and can't download even if I input the apple id and password correctly

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, App Store

Posted on May 25, 2015 11:15 AM

6 replies

May 25, 2015 11:02 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hello Lawrence, thank you for the reply.

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus and been using my Apple ID together with my other devices (ipad mini and iphone 4) and it works fine with all of them Including my iPhone 6 plus.It started when i'm downloading new apps for my iphone 6 but after signing in the apple id and password correctly, the spinning circle commences but goes back yo the "GET" icon. I tried logging out (in settings for itunes and apps store) but it won't logged me in Anymore. there are no error messages (not even the "cannot connect to ...." Error i've been reading online). Seems like the signing in process cannot push through which is why I cannot download new apps. I tried creating another apple id but still shows the same problem.. On the other hand, the apple id works fine with my ipad mini.. Only in my iphone 6 plus just recently..

Yes, I can access iTunes on my laptop, i can view my account info, purchase history and others.

The bottom line of my problem is that my iphone 6 plus wont allow my apple id to sign in only on Apps Store.. IMessage, facetime, iCloud uses the same apple Id.

Thank you.

May 25, 2015 11:27 PM in response to cyrix1179

I'm using an iPhone and been using my Apple ID together with my other devices (ipad mini and iphone 4) and it works fine with all of them Including my iPhone 6 plus.It started when i'm downloading new apps for my iphone 6 but after signing in the apple id and password correctly,

I'm using an iPhone 5 and been using my Apple ID together with my other devices (ipad mini and iphone 4) and it works fine with all of them Including my iPhone 6 plus.It started when i'm downloading new apps for my iphone 6 but after signing in the apple id and password correctly, the spinning circle commences but goes back yo the "GET" icon. I tried logging out (in settings for itunes and apps store) but it won't logged me in Anymore. there are no error messages (not even the "cannot connect to ...." Error i've been reading online). Seems like the signing in process cannot push through which is why I cannot download new apps. I tried creating another apple id but still shows the same problem.. On the other hand, the apple id works fine with my ipad mini.. Only in my iphone 6 plus just recently..

Yes, I can access iTunes on my laptop, i can view my account info, purchase history and others.

The bottom line of my problem is that my iphone 6 plus wont allow my apple id to sign in only on Apps Store.. IMessage, facetime, iCloud uses the same apple Id.

Thank you.

spinning circle commences but goes back yo the "GET" icon. I tried logging out (in settings for itunes and apps store) but it won't logged me in Anymore. there are no error messages (not even the "cannot connect to ...." Error i've been reading online). Seems like the signing in process cannot push through which is why I cannot download new apps. I tried creating another apple id but still shows the same problem.. On the other hand, the apple id works fine with my ipad mini.. Only in my iphone 6 plus just recently..

Thank you.

May 26, 2015 6:06 AM in response to cyrix1179

cyrix1179 wrote:

Hello Lawrence, thank you for the reply.

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus and been using my Apple ID together with my other devices (ipad mini and iphone 4) and it works fine with all of them Including my iPhone 6 plus.It started when i'm downloading new apps for my iphone 6 but after signing in the apple id and password correctly, the spinning circle commences but goes back yo the "GET" icon. I tried logging out (in settings for itunes and apps store) but it won't logged me in Anymore. there are no error messages (not even the "cannot connect to ...." Error i've been reading online). Seems like the signing in process cannot push through which is why I cannot download new apps. I tried creating another apple id but still shows the same problem.. On the other hand, the apple id works fine with my ipad mini.. Only in my iphone 6 plus just recently..

When you use iTunes on your computer can you download apps to your computer?

On your phone, go to Settings/General/Restrictions. Do you have a restriction set for downloading apps?

Why I can't log in to Apps store with my Apple ID while I can sign in to Facetime, iMessage and ICloud. My problem is I cannot update my apps and can't download even if I input the apple id and password correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.