Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my email from imap to pop3

I find that when I receive an email (from my @me.com account) on my iMac, I don't receive it on my iPhone - and vice versa. I understand that this is because I have an IMAP rather than a pop3 account. What can I do to correct this?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 9:39 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 9:47 AM in response to Paulss

No. That's not the reason. Unless you're deleting it from your iMac before you go looking for it on your phone. IMAP supports full synchronization of the server and all clients. If you delete it from one device, it will be deleted from all devices. POP3 does not support synchronization at all. By default, the first client device to download the message will delete it from the server, meaning it's not available on any other device at all (or the server).

Can I change my email from imap to pop3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.