Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timed access control - bug regarding "Unlimited (default)"

There is a bug in the Timed access control which you can recreate by:

1. Create a new entry in the Wireless client list

2. Remove the original "Unlimited (default)"

The result is that the router will now only allow the devices in the list to connect to the router at the times specified and YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE ROUTER FOR ANY OTHER DEVICES PERMANENTLY since you'll not be able to recreate the "Unlimited (default)" entry again, it being a "special" entry not defining any MAC address.

My question is if anyone has been able to solve this some other way than going through a whole hardware reset?

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 25, 2015 9:27 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 3:16 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I can access the AirPort Extreme through my iMac which made it possible for me to turn off the Timed Access alltogether... but that still renders the Timed access option useless (I'm using it to limit the on-line access of my children). Do you know if there any way to fix the list and get back the "Unlimited (default)" settings?

Timed access control - bug regarding "Unlimited (default)"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.