Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi guys

I have an issue.

I have been having iPhones since the iPhone 5. And now im onto 6. The problem I have is with charging. I now work full time and am rarely at home or around a socket.

Hence my issue, the need for external battery packs. I have been through so many and it was never the packs which was the issue. It was the lightning cable/s. I charge with the battery pack in 1 pocket and the phone in the other, as you can probably imagine, this must put some pressure on the cable since it is being pulled.

I have no other way of charging my phone. I just bought a batter case last week but I am feeling the lower capacity compared to the 9000 Mah or so former battery this is about 3500Mah. I can barely charge my phone once.

I have had replacement after replacement of apple cables. I have tried a Belkin braided cable which lasted about 3 months before tearing at the seam. I have had Just Mobile Alucable, which is a flat cable and covered in aluminium at the ends. The first one lasted 3 months or so, and the replacement (after useless customer service from Just waiting 4 or so months for them to arrange an replacement) lasted about 3 weeks.

Now I look after the phone battery. I have everything turned off which could be draining the battery. And I use Battery Doctor app, which recomends letting the phone run to 20% and then charging it with the app. And letting it run down once a month. I have in the past been able to make my phone last 3-4 days and still have 20%. Now I have a Pebble Smartwatch and also stream quite a bit of music with my Spotify subscription, which you can imagine drains the battery quite a bit

As you can see. I have spent alot on accesories just to charge my phone. I cant really afford to buy any more. Is there another solution to charging my phone when I am out and about? Or maybe I will have to try and get a refund of battery case and but a higher capacity one.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Garry

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 5:36 PM

I'd recommend a couple of things. Try keeping the external battery pack and your phone in the same pocket to reduce strain on the cable. Stop using Battery Doctor. Those type of apps frequently cause more problems than they solve. There's no reason to drain the battery to any particular point or drain it completely (on purpose). You say you've turned off everything which could be causing excessive battery drain. Does that include background app refresh? Settings>General>Background App Refresh.

See this article as well:

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#ios

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store to have them check out the battery.

Best of luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 5:36 PM in response to garryfromcroydon

I'd recommend a couple of things. Try keeping the external battery pack and your phone in the same pocket to reduce strain on the cable. Stop using Battery Doctor. Those type of apps frequently cause more problems than they solve. There's no reason to drain the battery to any particular point or drain it completely (on purpose). You say you've turned off everything which could be causing excessive battery drain. Does that include background app refresh? Settings>General>Background App Refresh.

See this article as well:

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#ios

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store to have them check out the battery.

Best of luck.

May 25, 2015 9:37 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes background app refresh is off as i said everything in my power to turn off is off. I wouldnt write off battery doctor my friends have always been in disbelief over my every lasting battery and if I can make it last 4 days with 20% left I must be doing something right.

I Can't speak for everyone as some make many phone calls or use facetime etc

hi guys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.