Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple handle a simple download ?

Just fed up downloading Mavericks installer over and over.

the checksum of installESD.dmg received is wrong.

My disk is ok, memory is ok

I tried the clock trick but no way

it is the third time I download that big file.

My ADSL is 10 to 15 mb/s via ethernet

It seems wrong data is always downloaded from Apple server.

Can Apple handle a download of 5.35 GB ?

It seems not.

i need to reinstall Mavericks and i can't download it from Apple simply.

We don't all have fiber network at home and download handling in the appstore seems 20 years late (no download management, no torrent, no live check of what is downloaded)

does anyone has that installESD.dmg on a real server so i can download it ?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 25, 2015 9:24 AM

5 replies

May 25, 2015 3:28 PM in response to corsu64

As QuickTimeKirk says downloadable Mac OS X operating systems have been downloaded millions and millions of times.

If it is corrupt for you, it is most likely happening somewhere AFTER it leaves Apple's servers.

Since the network protocols tend to integrity check each packet, and ask for a re-transmit if an error is detected, I would strongly suspect your Mac or your disk drive as failing. It is a guess, as I suppose it could be something in the network, or since Apple uses Akamai edge servers to distribute a lot of things, maybe a bad copy in the server for your region of the world, but I would also suspect that would be corrected very quickly.

So if you have another Mac, AND/OR another location where you can download the installer, you might give that a try. If you have an Apple Store nearby, you could make a genius bar appointment to see about getting aide and assistance at the store (or at least use the Store's free WiFi - of course you may not want to drag your iMac there, unless you want to Genius Bar to analyze it for hardware problems)

May 26, 2015 12:34 AM in response to BobHarris

The 4th attempt went well.

I had to enable debug menu the the appstore app and set debug level to 3 so I could monitor what was downloaded from Akamai servers.

Btw, I could monitor the file creation in /private/var/folders and also copy it from there as a PKG.

Explanations here :

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/57405/how-do-i-check-the-download-progr ess-of-mountain-lion-through-the-terminal

Can Apple handle a simple download ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.