Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s Activation Error

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to activate my iphone 5s using wi-fi but it give me error "Your iphone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached.Try connecting your iphone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes" Can anyone plz tell me how can i activate my iphone and get rid from this error.

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on May 25, 2015 10:05 AM

3 replies

May 25, 2015 4:09 PM in response to msf321

4 possible causes for that error message:

1] Activation server is actually down. Very rare occurrence, and of short duration when it

does happen. Solution - try again.

2] Your firewall and/or antivirus software are preventing the necessary connection. Solution -

temporarily disable your firewall and/or antivirus software until the activation completes.

3] computer being used for activation has been used to jailbreak an iOS device in the past.

Solution - use a different computer.

4] iPhonehas been jailbroken. Google may provide some direction, but jailbreaks often prevent

updates from succeeding. Per Terms of Use for this forum, discussion of jailbroken iPhones is

prohibited.

You probably should return the iPhone to the seller for a refund and buy your next iPhone directly

from Apple or an Apple authorized iPhone retailer to avoid such problems.

Iphone 5s Activation Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.