Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tripicate/Quadruplicate Contacts since adding Outlook

I have several different email accounts. Recently changed a IMAP account to Outlook on my iPhone 5, iPad Air 2 and Mac. Contacts on my Mac are fine. I did want all my contacts from previous IMAP email in new Outlook and thankfully they came over through Outook.com and Outlook 365. But now I have triple and quadruple entries for almost all of my contacts (those that were already in iContacts plus those that were only on the IMAP/Outlook email accounts). It makes scrolling through on my phone or iPad very difficult. Interesting that on my MacBook Pro and iCloud only the original contacts seem to be there - no duplicate/triplicate, etc.

Is there a way to de-dupe these on the iPhone/iPad without going through each entry and deleting? The complicating issue is that I want to keep my original contact entries which often have fuller info than just the name and email address that were in that IMAP, now Outlook address book - but I'd also like to keep entries that may have been only in the IMAP/Outlook account. And of course, I want to be able to send to those contacts when I'm using the Outlook email on my phone or iPad.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3, on iPad Air2

Posted on May 25, 2015 9:39 AM

There are no replies.

Tripicate/Quadruplicate Contacts since adding Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.