Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old iPhone 5s and it won't turn on. Tried holding down both buttons as well as charging it...nothing

I have an old iPhone 5s, It was working just fine before i got my 6Plus, went to go give it to my friend and it won't turn on.

Tried charging it...and holding down both power buttons and moving the mute button up and down.

Nothing.

Please help me, any other ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1, Won't power up

Posted on May 25, 2015 11:35 AM

6 replies

May 25, 2015 12:13 PM in response to JManU20

How long was it sitting idle before you just tried to use it? If the battery was discharged, and it sat for several weeks, you have killed the battery permanently. Try charging for an hour with the wall adapter, then hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons until something happens (up to 30 seconds). If nothing happens the battery is dead or you have some other hardware failure.

May 25, 2015 12:19 PM in response to JManU20

Once you've resolved the turn-on issue(s) and before giving the iPhone

away, be sure to dis-associate your iPhone from your Apple ID account.

Regarding issues with the iPhone, some models are easier than others

to attempt a battery replacement; however once you've opened it up,

the official Apple service may not take interest in additional repairs, etc.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone

The Apple Store is probably the better bet with the battery & other service.

Good luck in that matter! 🙂

I have an old iPhone 5s and it won't turn on. Tried holding down both buttons as well as charging it...nothing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.