Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audiobook on ipod and iphone

Hi guys;

If I'm reading an ebook on my ipad and iphone, they are synced (if i read to chapter 7 on iphone I'll pick up the ipad and find its bookmarked and the page has turned to the spot I left off on the other device)

Very cool

But...

Is this possible for audiobooks from an ipod to an iphone?

I buy Audible and the format is AAX if that makes any difference.

Drew

Posted on May 25, 2015 10:04 AM

5 replies

May 25, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Drew777

If your devices sync with iTunes (as opposed to being manually managed) and you listen to an audiobook on device A, then sync with your library, the current bookmarked position should be synced back to the library (along with ratings, play counts, last played, etc.) and this can later be synced to device B. This assumes that books from Audible are treated the same way as Apple's .m4b audiobook format. There is no automatic over the cloud syncing of audio bookmarks as there is with iBooks.

tt2

May 28, 2016 7:09 AM in response to turingtest2

I have found that the playback position on content from Audible (about 9/10ths of my library) has behaved the same as content from other sources -- remember to ensure that the "remember playback position" option is checked doe your audiobooks in iTunes (otherwise it won't). As noted elsewhere, the way to share this position is by having the title on each device and by regularly syncing the devices with iTunes. (I don't play from the Cloud so I cannot comment how that works).

HOWEVER - as noted elsewhere in this forum - there are two problems that have occurred since Apple made changes to how audiobooks are played on Iphones/Ipads -- which is a) I have found that the audiobook is marked as Played/Read immediately it is opened in iBooks (so as before not when it is actually completely played) and b) since Itunes 12.4 was released I can no longer changed the played status of audiobooks in iTunes.

"Dear Apple please move the playing of Audiobooks back to the Music App, where all worked well, and please give us back the basic functionality that you allow to all other types of media which is to manage the played status of titles in our libraries in iTunes"

- Re: Why can't I change the played status of audiobooks in Itunes 12.4

Audiobook on ipod and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.