Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing purchased movies

The short of it: I am missing 22 movies (that I have purchased) from iTunes on my PC (Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit).

I only have one Apple ID.

I have a subscription to iTunes Match.

I have verified that I have no hidden purchases.

I am having no problems watching my movies from the cloud while on my iPad Air or iPhone 5 (both on iOS 8.3.

As of today, I have the most up to date version of iTunes (64 bit).

A month ago, I reinstalled windows and did not bother backing up my iTunes library because of my Match subscription. I had no problem downloading my music.

Prior to today, I swear that I saw my movies in my library... but now they are gone!

Enter panic mode.

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
ManufacturerIntel
Speed3.1 GHz
Number of Cores4
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
ManufacturerNVIDIA
ChipsetGeForce GTX 650 Ti
Dedicated Memory2.0 GB
Total Memory3.9 GB
Memory8.1 GB
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8 Professional Edition (build 9200), 64-bit
Service Pack0
Size64 Bit
EditionProfessional
Display Maximum Resolution1920 x 1080
DVDHL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40
CDHL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40
Drive 1
Size930.7 GB
Free794.4 GB
Drive 2
Size298.0 GB
Free89.2 GB

Itunes for PC-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on May 25, 2015 10:31 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 8:36 PM in response to Jeriokelive

Okay... so I finally figured it out, and since no one else seemed able to help me with this, here is what happened.

iTunes has the ability to hide movies that have not been downloaded. This is similar to the new "Music Available Offline" option in Apple Music.

In order to show movies that you have not downloaded, you have to bring up the main menus (Alt Key for PC) and then click on "View" and then "All Movies."

I only saw this after updating iTunes to 12.2.0.145... I did not see the option in the previous release (but I may have completely missed it.

Missing purchased movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.