Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone6 becomes hot using 3g / Lte

iphone5 get

i have a problem with my iphone6. when i use my iphone 6 using 3G or LTE network then my iphone6 become hot from back.

then i disconnect from 3G and connect with wifi and again i use my iphone 6 then its become normal, not becoming hot

please reply me and guide me how to resolve this problem .

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 12:29 PM

It sounds as if you may have a weak network signal for 3G and/or LTE. How much signal is showing when you are on 3G/LTE? If the cellular radio needs to work harder for signal, the device will experience the heating. The only recourse for this is to be in a better signal area. There is probably nothing wrong with your device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 12:29 PM in response to imran.haider

It sounds as if you may have a weak network signal for 3G and/or LTE. How much signal is showing when you are on 3G/LTE? If the cellular radio needs to work harder for signal, the device will experience the heating. The only recourse for this is to be in a better signal area. There is probably nothing wrong with your device.

May 27, 2015 10:08 AM in response to imran.haider

The iPhone will get warm when using graphics intensive programs, such as playing games, that has to do with the processor. It will also get warm as you charge, that is the way lithium batteries work. The cellular radio on the device will warm the device up, generally due to lower signal strength, but again, it would depend on what you are doing when you are on cellular to determine if it is the cellular radio or the device's processor that is heating up.

Understand the iPhone is a miniature computer. However, unlike a computer, there is no fan or other type of heat sync to cool it with. The only way to dissipate heat on the device is through the case. So the more you use the device, the warmer it will be and the more heat needs to be dissipated.

Iphone6 becomes hot using 3g / Lte

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.