Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps needing updated.

On my iPad2, I have the red reminder that 4 apps need updating. Well, they have been. When you open the app store it shows that they have been updated with the notation "open" with them. I have done a reboot, and a complete wipe and restore and its still there. Any ideas?User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on May 25, 2015 11:32 AM

12 replies

May 25, 2015 11:49 AM in response to jlalk79

Close the App Store, sign out of your Apple ID, and then force restart your iPad.

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the App Store app. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.
  2. Now sign out Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID, tap the ID and sign out
  3. To force restart the device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  4. Now go back and sign in to the App a store again in the Settings.

If that fails to clear the update notifications, try disconnecting from WiFi by turning WiFi off on the iPad, restart the device and turn on WiFi again

Or try resetting your router by unplugging it from power for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in again.

May 25, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Briansyddall

I concur that the latest 8.3 does clear up many of these App Store glitches, so that's one point in favor of updating to this version.

I prefer updating all my collection of apps on the master backup library I keep via iTunes on a Mac, then update the iGadgets via Sync. After that is done, the red label doesn't go away automatically: have to run App Store and tap on Updates, but it now confirms it is 100% up to date, wipes the screen with an "All apps are up to date" banner and clears the label.

May 25, 2015 1:10 PM in response to jlalk79

Lets really throw in a unknown here. The ID for the iPad Im having trouble with is XYZappleId. That ID will not let me log on in support and go to a group, it keeps giving me an error message. So I had to use my other apple ID to log on and post here. Hmm, interesting isn't it. I think a call to Apple is in order.

May 25, 2015 1:14 PM in response to jlalk79

jlalk79 wrote:

Demo, I thought doing a full restore to new, and loading from backup would accomplish that too??

I would have thought so as well, but I have seen some really odd behavior from these iOS devices from time to time and I am just trying to think of other things that might be worth a try.

Your post about having trouble with that particular Apple ID could also have something to do with this problem.

May 25, 2015 1:46 PM in response to Demo

Ok Demo, problem solved for now, but I have no idea what it was. Apple support talked in a tongue I"ve never heard before ( we are talking super geek nerdish ). They had me reboot everything I own LOL, router, modem, bathroom toilet you name it.Tag on app icon is gone for now, lets see how long this lasts. Oh, I can now sign in with XYZappleID and get to the support groups,hmmm, I wonder. I think we both know it was something to do with that ID. Thanks for your help.

Apps needing updated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.